Saturday, October 20, 2012

Susan G. Komen


I have always thought about walking in the Susan G. Komen walk and this year we finally decided to do it.  We were members of a group walking for a former coworker of mine who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  It felt good to do something to help such an important cause and I'm so glad we did it.  We have since looked into information on walks in support of other diseases that are near and dear to our hearts.  I hope that we will participate in others in the future.
We were up EARLY for the walk!  I'm sure glad I had been talking to her and preparing her for all the people, I couldn't even believe the crowds of people!  
Sitting patiently during Opening Ceremonies.  We participated in the Family Walk portion of it.
So excited about the banana she got after the race :) I love the use of her cup holders~cup of water, cup of milk, Dad's water bottle, and the 4th was where she would put her banana between bites.
It was hot and sticky outside.

We didn't stick around much after our portion was over, the crowds made it very hard to pull the wagon.  Chad didn't mind carrying the wagon, but my arms got tired pretty quick from carrying Kylie.  She has gotten so heavy and I swear she is heavier than she looks!  Plus, since we were in town we had decided we would go to the cemetery where Chad's parents are buried.

No comments: