Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

A couple of months ago I decided that Kylie would be Elmo for Halloween. I then started searching for the perfect costume and just couldn't find anything that I liked the looks of and the ones I did like, there was no way I was spending that amount of money.

 I then thought about making something myself. Thanks to the internet, I found out how to make a tutu using elastic headbands and lots and lots and lots and lots of tulle! Originally I was going to attach Elmo's face to the tutu, but then decided to have it on the shirt instead. I looked and looked, but couldn't find a red shirt with just Elmo's face in a size that would fit her. I decided to buy some felt and make his face myself, but then I thought that was harder than it sounded to freehand Elmo's face. I finally traced a face off of one of her shirts and then used that pattern to make his face and glued it onto a red t-shirt. I think it all turned out pretty cute!!!

 Most importantly she loves dressing up as Elmo! Enjoy some pictures of her posing in her costume
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo collage made with Smilebox
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital collage generated with Smilebox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job on the costume! Kylie-Elmo is so cute.

Alicia said...

Thank you!