Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dance

Kylie is still enjoying her dance class and I have seen improvement in her coordination since being in the class.  She has also become more confident around other children and adults which is great, but she's also acting out a little more.

Last week, she was awful.  All during the class I would threaten that we wouldn't stay and play after class if she kept running around and not listening.  She would say that she wanted to stay and play after class, but she refused to listen.  At times, she was even trying to leave out of the room.  I was so frustrated with her and as much as I hated to, I didn't let her play after class~her class is at a children's museum and we always stay and play after class and she looks forward to it each week.  She was so upset with me, screamed the whole way out once she realized that we really were leaving.  She then screamed the whole way home and of course the one time she is screaming we were caught in construction and a lot of traffic.  Then, I needed to stop and get a few groceries and she screamed the whole time there also!  It was the worst morning ever!

Then the next morning she woke up with a horrible cough and I realized that part of her acting up the day before had most likely been because she was getting sick :(  We went to the dr, but of course there is nothing they can give a 2 year old for a cough and we were told it would just run its course and probably last about 2 weeks.  As I'm typing this, it's been about a week and a half and she seems to be feeling much better finally.  Her cough got so bad at times that I thought she was actually going to throw up from coughing.  I hated seeing her sick and not being able to do anything to make it better.
The pictures in this post are from a previous week of dance class.

No comments: