Sunday, December 6, 2009

16 weeks......

I have now made it to 16 weeks, wow, 4 months! The time has just seemed to really fly by. I have a dr.'s appointment this week, no ultrasound :( but I have to have blood work done :(. Last time, the blood work didn't go too good....I have never had problems before, but for some reason she couldn't find a vein and kept sticking me over and over which eventually led to me having to lay down, breaking out in a sweat, and almost passing out. I hope that this time it will be easier, but I am already pretty nervous about it.

Each week it seems that my clothes are getting a little bit tighter. I for sure have a bump there, though right now it just looks like I'm fat, not obvious that I'm pregnant yet. In the next few weeks, the baby is going to have a growth spurt, doubling in weight and getting a lot longer. Right now the baby is about the size of an avocado. Last week, as I was falling asleep, I am pretty sure that I actually felt a little bit of movement, it was like a tickling feeling from inside. I have felt it a few times since then and it feels like nothing I have ever felt before, so I am pretty sure it is the baby. I can't wait for the day when I am sure that I am feeling the baby and when others will be able to feel the baby also.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm sure you already know this but unless they told you other wise, drink TONS of water before giving blood. The nurse told me that the more water you drink the easier it is to take your blood. Girl I know how you feel, I HATE getting blood drawn...I break a sweat and cannot look at the needle. Congrats at making it to 16 weeks, I can't wait to find out what you are having!