Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update

Thursday I went to work and after being there a couple of hours, got really sweaty and didn't feel quite right. I went to the nurse to have my blood pressure checked and sure enough it was HIGH. She told me to call my dr and the dr said to go to the hospital to be monitored. By the time I got to the hospital my blood pressure was down a little and after a little over an hour of monitoring and with me laying down, it was down to a normal level. The baby was also monitored during that time and was doing great! The only problem was keeping the monitors on the baby, as our little one does NOT like to be still! The nurse kept laughing and said that I sure had an active one. I was finally released and told to go home, no working, lay on my side, no exercising and to minimize walking, basically get up to go to the bathroom and that is it. I have an appointment on Monday with my ob and we'll see what he says. I have been taking my blood pressure a couple of times a day at home and when I am laying down it's at a normal level, but after I have been up for a short time then it increases. I'll post an update after my appointment on Monday.

No comments: