Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A trip without Kylie...

This past weekend Chad and I flew to Philadelphia for a funeral and left Kylie with my parents.  Before this, she had stayed with them for 2 nights in a row, but that was with us just being a little over an hour away.  I was a little nervous about being so far away from her.  She did absolutely great and had so much fun.

We dropped her off on Saturday afternoon and my parents brought her back to us on Tuesday morning, that was 3 nights away from mommy and daddy!!  We did call and check on her and a few times she was even willing to stop playing for just a few minutes to talk to us ;)

Our trip was a quick one, but it was good to see family that we don't get to see often.  We're also getting used to taking EARLY flights, had to get up at 3:30 AM for one flight and 2:45 AM for another, that's early, but it sure is nice to not have to deal with rush hour traffic and to get to your destination early in the day.

As usual, I feel like I give off a terrorist vibe or something....seems like we are always questioned extra or that our checked bags are always randomly picked to be searched.  Leaving Houston, everyone was having to go thru the body scan thing instead of just the metal detector.  I know the drill~take off shoes, belt, empty pockets, etc.  Chad went thru the scanner first and gathered his things.  Then came my turn, as I walked out of the scanner, I was asked about what was in my back right pocket.  I responded that there was nothing in there, which there wasn't!  They then said I would have to be patted down because the image was showing I had something there.  Nothing was found in the pat down.  They then swabbed both my hands and put it in some machine.  Luckily that didn't show anything and I was then allowed to go.  I assume it was probably a "random" thing where they set the machine to detect something, but I don't know how I always manage to be randomly picked.

It was so weird packing for the trip after being used to having to pack for Kylie also.  I kept feeling like we were forgetting something, haven't traveled that light in a long time!

The weather was pretty miserable for our trip, Sunday it rained all day and was cold, going from summer temps here to winter weather there was hard!  Monday the rain had luckily stopped, except for a few sprinkles here and there, but it sure was cold!
The siblings~the 2 oldest being 90 and 91 and they were able to make the trip to attend the funeral.  Aunt Anna had to fly from California to Philly!
Aunts, uncles, and cousins 
Chad and I with Uncle Richie and Aunt Louise
Family pic
the brothers

No comments: