Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thankful

Well all along, we have been thankful that the only major problem we had from Hurricane Ike was no power and losing all our cold food, after today I am even more thankful. today at school we all shared a little something on how we were doing and damage if any. Several people had damage to their house, a few with trees that came crashing thru their houses. I don't think I can complain at all about not having power, I'm sure any of them would trade places with me. Also, of those that were hit the worst some still don't have power as of earlier today. I realize it could have been a lot worse for us and am so thankful it wasn't and thankful that those who had damage to the houses, that none of them or their families were injured. This was a very scary storm. I looked thru pictures online that people sent in as they went back to Galveston for the first time and it is unbelievable what they are going back to. Yes, 9 days without power was very uncomfortable, boring, and HOT (especially at night) but at least we have some place to sleep at night.

No comments: